Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weekend Road Trip!


I know, I know... I didn't do the Amsterdam Flower Market Part II post on the succulents and cacti last week as promised. I'm sorry! Do I have an excuse? More than one! My weekend was just as hectic as expected, but my boyfriend and I had a great time visiting his friends in Palm Beach Shores and then on our mini road trip adventure to Tampa to pick up and transport his grandma-ma back to Miami with us. Driving through an extremely long state like Florida can be overwhelming! We thought that since we were already up north in West Palm Beach that things would be a bit easier, but no no.... We failed to realize how being on the east coast somewhat canceled out any type of trip progress, in fact it kind of made things worse, since we had to cut across the middle of Florida around Lake Okeechobee where the state is wider than down south and the roads are lonely and seem to go on forever. I'll tell you, it has been a few years since I drove through small town Florida, much less small town anywhere, and it is a sad sight to behold. Evidence of our weak economy is rampant and obvious, we saw entire towns where every business is closed except a gas station and small market... I could go into more detail about our observations, but it's probably best I save those issues for the political blog which my boyfriend and I plan to start soon.

Enjoy the pictures!


I was so upset that I couldn't get my phone out in time for when we were passing by Lake Placid and the surrounding lakes, it was an amazing picture with a rainbow in the sky and everything.... this is the picture I took after we had already passed, if you look carefully behind the electrical pole you can see the rainbow....


A hill-y moment in Florida... whoa!...


The sky is beautiful...


An oops picture, but you can see part of my ikat patterned dress.... and my boyfriend's phone on my lap because I was taking pictures with mine and navigating the road trip with his, hehe....


This is when the rain was headed towards us (rather, when we were headed straight for the rain!).... that one shower in the distance looked so cool....



Such a rich vibrant blue....


Dairy farms as far as the eye can see....


Nearing Tampa we spotted DINOSAUR WORLD!!! LOL....


T-Rex was prowling nearby under a billboard.... :)


It started raining, but it was okay because we witnessed an INCREDIBLE sunset that made everything glow pink.... the dash board, the road, the trees, it was awesome!




On our way back home, approaching the bridge crossing Tampa Bay, it looked like we were driving into the sky!...


Green lights highlighting the architectural detail of the bridge crossing Tampa Bay.....



We got home really late but it was fun, and since we wanted a peaceful relaxing Sunday to ourselves, totally worth cramming it into a one day adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment