Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hello! Hola! Bonjour!


Hi there! So far this week I have been dealing with finishing all of the projects I started over the weekend, including: cleaning out and organizing the hall closet, laundry room/closet and whipping some orderliness into my apartment. It feels like I'm always saying that, ha! I guess that's because recently I have really started to realize that I have too much stuff and it's starting to clog up my life. For months now I have been setting aside things that I no longer like/want/need, the same goes for my wardrobe... I cannot wait until I load it all up in my SUV and haul it away to the garage sale my mom and I are planning (which keeps getting postponed to accommodate our lagging preparations, hehe). Once I do that I will have purged a lot of things from my abode and it will feel much more open and less jam-packed-to-the-max! Slowly but surely!

On Sunday I was up at 8am cleaning the kitchen and laundry room and implementing all of the storage solutions I sourced out at Ikea this past Saturday! Let me tell you, for around $75 I got two steel shelving units, a gray metal shelving unit and faux chocolate wood shelving unit! That's $14.99, $14.99, $14.99 and $25 respectively! WHOA! I never really buy much from Ikea other than candles, household kitchen/bath and decorative accessories, curtains and lighting... oh and I can't forget that classic dark chocolate leaning wood floor mirror! As for their furniture, first it isn't really my style, second it isn't long-lasting and timeless, and for the most part it's overpriced particle board. No thanks, I much rather spend my money on antiques and vintage pieces that have been alive and kickin' for decades and will continue to do so for decades to come. BUT, I just could not spend any more time looking for affordable and good looking storage pieces on Craigslist and elsewhere, or else I'll be living amongst boxes until the day I decide to move again! LOL ! So yes, I made good decisions and I ambitiously built all the shelving units as soon as we got home..... and they are all filled up already.... *smiles and shrugs*

Anyway, that's what last weekend was like for me. We didn't end up going to West Palm Beach to visit our friends, they ended up driving down to us (yay)! But not so fast, tomorrow night we are going up there to stay with them and then Saturday we need to dash to Tampa to pick up my boyfriend's grandmother and bring her to Miami. Another hectic weekend for me! I'm already getting excited thinking about all the thrift or antique stores I can make my boyfriend hit up along the way! Woot!

So, I feel a little guilty about being missing in action this week, but I'll make up for it with the Amsterdam Flower Market Part II later today! Believe me, you'll definitely want to check it out since it will feature all of the incredible cacti and succulents they had for sale over there. It was one of my greatest joys on the trip, and yet my greatest torture at the same time. No souvenirs from nature allowed! :( Check out Part I of my coverage on the Amsterdam Flower Market here.

Stay tuned, and in the meantime enjoy these pictures of an absolutely stunning outdoor patio/courtyard with a stairway railing FULL of hanging succulents, particularly the Purple Aeonium and the Burro's Tail, which I also feature in this post.

Wouldn't you love to have this outdoor space!? *swoon* :)


(Photos by Andrea Gomez via Sunset)

No comments:

Post a Comment