Friday, September 10, 2010

Peace, Love and FRIDAY!


It's Friday and I'm ready for a little PEACE, LOVE and HAPPINESS this weekend! Hehehe... Tomorrow I will be attending a fashion show that my sister Danielle and her camp will be participating in... she'll be dressed in Hawaiian theme! Growing up, my father nick-named her Greta Garbo because of the way she would dramatize at moments... Needless to say whenever my sister is given an opportunity in the spotlight, she's a riot! So we'll see, should be fun!

Other than that I plan to start [seriously] packing all the junk sitting in my art room into my car for an upcoming slew of garage sales that my mother and I hope to orchestrate once the weather here in Miami cools down. Lately I've been struggling with the issue of too much stuff, I realize that I've accumulated too many things I don't need. In the past few years I've come to cherish certain things and not others, I've started to see possessions in a new light. I prefer Goodwill treasures to decor found in Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Ross, I prefer the trinkets from my travels, my art and things that belonged to my father more than most things I see in stores these days. I hope this is a turning point for me and my life, from now on I want my life to be less cluttered and more open and light. Something about making way for new opportunities to come into my life that is motivating me more than ever.

Anyhow, I'm not going to get into a long ramble, but I'm just in a great mood today. I'm excited for the weekend, I'm excited to go home today after work and have that relieved it's-Friday-night feeling and just relax with my love. Note to self: AND, concentrate on finishing some artwork - a post on that later today! :)

What about you all, what are your plans for the weekend? Any projects, excursions or travels planned? Let's hear'em! Whatever it may be I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!

Stay tuned for some sweet inspiring posts before the end of the day! ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment