Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Unique Garden Planters and Displays


Good morning!!

I've got garden planters on the brain today, mainly because I've neglected to plant any of the empty ones I have sitting at home in the last two weekends! Grrrr, shame on me! Soooo I've distracted myself from the guilt by putting together this post with lots of funky, eclectic, creative garden planters to inspire you (and me too for that matter)!  Hehe!  Oh, and a quick note on the image above - isn't that awesome!?  It's certainly not practical or easy to replicate but it's great to look at and can spur a lot of creative ideas about re-purposing objects into garden planters! There are lots of unique ways to display plants in this post and I'm sure you'll be inspired to think outside the box the next time you plan a gardening project!

Other posts you may like:
Garden Inspiration Part I

Garden Inspiration Part II

Stoneface Creations Garden Planters

Garden Update

Outdoor Dining & Parties Part I
Outdoor Dining & Parties Part II

Dreamy Outdoor Spaces Part I

Dreamy Outdoor Spaces Part II

Sunrooms, Bungalows and Patios Oh Sigh!





I love this, what a gorgeous design element for people to admire as they walk up these steps! I wonder where in the world this is, hmmm.



Awesome planter!










I am really loving these chairs turned planters! What a great item for porch decor!












Painted car tires! Wow, what a great way to reuse non-biodegradable waste by incorporating it into your garden as a planter... the paint does wonders!

Photo (c) Jonathan Hordle/Rex Features



I've wanted to make one of these adorable little mini garden planters for a long time! As you can see it entails the use of rocks, one (or more) miniature garden elements such and, most importantly, plants to create the look of a miniature garden that will thrive over time and be a great point of interest in any indoor or outdoor setting! Of course, in my version there will be many succulents and perhaps a cactus or two....... :)

A mini garden cottage, how sweeeeeet!



Isn't this cool?  A moss covered planter... check out The Weekend Gardener for step-by-step instructions on how to make your own and many other interesting do-it-yourself garden projects!

I saw this cute idea a while back and I've wanted to make my own colander planter ever since! My mom has a small copper colander in her backyard that's home to Echeveria succulents and it is doing very well! Try it... experiment with colanders from Goodwill or Salvation Army and get creative with a bold coat of spray paint... I like turquoise, red or yellow!

I wish this incredible courtyard in Cordoba, Spain full of fuchsia bougainvillea and wall mounted cobalt blue garden pots was mine! How dreamy, I would never leave!......

(All images sourced via Google images, Pinterest, Sunset Magazine, or where otherwise noted in the image file name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment