Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hello hello


Summer days are here again.... at least here in Miami! After all that complaining during that long bout of winter weather we sure got what we asked for, it's been blazing like an oven outside lately! WI really like the vintage image above that I found on the blog Coco+Kelley and it has a nice warm fuzzy feeling to it, makes you want to get all glamorous like her, put on a hat and go to the beach. And frankly, we all better go make the best of our beaches now before the oil starts washing up! :(

I know it has been a while since my last post, I feel guilty about it but there has been so much going on for me that my ability to concentrate on a blog post has been temporarily plagued. Today's post is purposefully spontaneous because I'm still working on getting a slew of posts about my recent trip to Europe up on here. I am truly baffled by the over 2,000 photographs that I took on my trip, and with that comes the indecision over which ones to post, how to organize them into topics and so on. Argh.... soon....soooooon! How are you all doing?

In other news, this past weekend I went to the Carole King and James Taylor Concert in Sunrise with my mother, my aunt and my cousin who came in from Georgia last week to visit! The concert was great, we had so much fun! It rained and stormed like the end of the world while we were eating dinner beforehand, but thankfully it cleared up for the rest of the night. James Taylor sounded way better than Carole King (she may smoke because her voice sounds a bit raspy)... but we still love her! She was dancing around the stage and jumping up and down, what energy! Anyway, the music was awesome and I feel privileged to have heard them both in concert! Now, if we can just get Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and The Beatles (John and George that is) back from the dead to go on a kick ass group tour!!! Wouldn't that be something!? Hey, I can dream!

The sunset while walking in to the concert

The stage

Cool spaceship-like light orbs outside of the Bank Atlantic center!


~*~*~

And since I mentioned oil washing up on our beaches I guess now is as good a time as any to come out and say how sad/angry/hopeless I feel about the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The spill is a sore subject with me, as I'm sure it is with many others, and if I were to begin to voice all of my politically and environmentally charged thoughts this blog would stray from its cheery topics. Let's just say this oil spill is an environmental disaster of such epic proportions that I believe most people don't even want to acknowledge or believe what the true scope of its impact on our earth will be.

Up until this point I have refrained from making politically charged posts so as not to muddy the overall mood of my blog and possibly lose readers who are perhaps not interested in seeing all that amongst design, garden and art related posts. With that said, I have been thinking about starting a sister blog for Inspire Bohemia that will cover politics, environmental issues, world issues, social and religious issues and so on, this is something my boyfriend has suggested to me several times as well and I think it's a perfect idea. To date I have six or seven incomplete blog post drafts on issues ranging from the last presidential election to issues on the quality and safety of our water and food, to the very issue of the Gulf Spill which I feel terrible for not sharing with the blog world! You see, I have a great many interests and am passionate about endless topics beyond design, art and travel, hence my college education (nearly complete!): Double Bachelors in Sociology/Anthropology and Women's Studies with minors in Religion and Art History!

So anyway, I'm beginning to get anxious about suppressing all of these other rants and ideas, therefore the Inspire Bohemia sister blog will most likely be coming soon, I already have some perfect names in mind! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment