Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Sunflowers Sprouted!!!!!!!


I am so amazed by how fast these sunflower seeds have sprouted, perhaps because the last time I planted a seed (other than the bulbs from my post yesterday) was in elementary school! Suffice it to say the feeling one gets from a sprouting seed at such a young age is nowhere near as meaningful and satisfying as it is now, as an adult. My mom gave me a packet of jumbo sunflower seeds on Easter and I finally planted two last week... I am rather impatient when it comes to waiting for things to grow and show signs of progress, fortunately I have lots of other things (and plants) to occupy my time with. Well, my patience has been rewarded quite soon...

As if I had sensed that yesterday was going to be a wild rainy day, I had gone out onto my balcony before work to move plants under chairs and off tables... and it's a good thing! As I mentioned in my post yesterday, the weather here in Miami was tornado like! Thank goodness I brought plants in and off tables because when I got home my balcony was a mess, yes, after all of that work over the weekend sweeping and rearranging! Plants were knocked over, wet dirt scattered everywhere... ugh. Anyway, as I stomped around picking stuff up and cursing I stopped dead in my tracks as I bent over to empty the water dishes of the pots with my sunflower seeds.... In the morning they were pots of dirt with a seed buried somewhere inside and by the afternoon, after tons of rain and the magic of nature, voila.............



This one is still hangin' on to the seed shell, too cute....

No comments:

Post a Comment