Friday, October 8, 2010

Treasures from Marshalls!


Hello!  Once again Friday is here... life moves at the speed of light these days!

Here are some treasures that I swooned over while strolling the isles of Marshalls the other day!  I was a good girl and only got two items  :)

Oh, and here is another purple glowing building in Downtown Miami....


Okay, now for all the Marshalls goodies....

Owls!!  The one on the left I found in the Thanksgiving decor section and the one on the right hold a tea light in back to shine through the decorative cut-outs in the owl...  A while back I bought a yellow and orange owl from the same line that look identical but are bird feeders with a chain and hook to hang in your yard.  I gave my mom the orange one and I'm hanging on to the yellow one in hopes that one day soon I will have a yard with a tree to hang it in! :)


Some nice glass lanterns for candles, perhaps to set the mood on ones patio...


A nice Middle Eastern rug...  but I know better than to buy rugs at Marshalls when I can get gorgeous authentic ones for less at my friend Salman's ebay store Pakobel Rugs!  Check out my posts on his store HERE.


A beautiful Moroccan lantern that appeared to be missing its lower half...   Even if it had the other piece it was waaay too much at $49.99!   :(((


A whole wild "piggy bank" display....


Funky little lamps.... 


A nice aqua blue tufted lounge/side chair with a Naugahyde/Vinyl/etc upholstery, hehe 




I loved this curry/ocher yellow display in the kitchen-ware department...  I had to snap this picture fast and just walk away, I have way too much kitchen stuff already *cries*...


Pretty Powderdy Aqua Ikat Bed Set - with 4 decorative Moroccan-like print pillows too!



And another



A pretty powder blue decorative urn with Moroccanesque cut-outs...
And an awesome curry/ocher yellow one too...
And of course, a whole bunch of shoes that they didn't have in my size, or in the case of the beautiful bohemian tan leather Steve Madden sandals below, were coming apart at the back of the heel!  :*( bad luck...

Funky cut and open toe on these brown leather ankle boots by... sheesh, I forgot the designer... on clearance for $32 (or was it $39?...hmm..)


Coral/Salmon pink leather Michael Kors heels with a decorative buckle....  I like the color and design, but the heel is too high and rickety for my taste.... so I just took a picture for memories.. haha...


And last, but not least - because it's the only thing I bought out of ALL the stuff that I swooned over....  This curry/ocher yellow collection of ceramic decor including a small urn, planter, cup and mini jewel box.  I loved the circular designs and the color, so I snatched the little urn and the planter and reluctantly left the rest behind....

 
And here is the urn in its new home, for now, on display in my apartment...
 

Here's a close-up...

 

And a view from above... hangin' out with my milk glass and my wood incense burner tower which I painted and detailed with turquoise (I love it!)....


I forgot to get a picture of the planter, which now holds one of my cactus plants, stay tuned for that!

(All images in this post are my own personal images)

No comments:

Post a Comment